elementFormDefault="unqualified"

Guy Rixon guyrixon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:29:12 PDT 2007

Hi,

I note that VOResource v0.10 has elementFormDefault="qualified" and
VOResource v1.0 has changed to elementFormDefault="unqualified". This
appears to mean that types in the schema have the schema's namespace
but elements, both local and global, do not. E.g.

<vr:Capability>
   <vr:interface>

is illegal and should be

<vr:Capability>
   <interface>

Further, this would mean that if I have, say, a document with a
locally-defined <interface> and a <vr:Capability>, then I have to put
the locally-defined <interface> into an explicit namespace as the
IVOA one is using the name in the default namespace. This seems to be
backwards to me: I'd expect the formal, IVOA definitions to be in
their own namespace and the local, application-specific ones to be in
the default namespace.

Can anybody confirm this, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Guy