more changes

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 27 02:30:16 PDT 2006

this looks real good Ray, I will try to add the wsdl to the document
this afternoon and place this version on the wiki.
A couple of comments and one question:
1.) (Section 4.2) I was wondering should harvesters detect conflicting
"managed" authority ids from different registries and error out and
report it.  This is something I have added to our registries instead of
making a publishing registry search a full registry to see if it is
available.  I guess we could do both, but does seem to make a simple
publishing registry do extra work.  Possibly you meant that the
publisher should go check manually.  I also wonder if RofR could be used
in this particular case.

2.) Comment: A few sentences you added says this document does not
describe how to discover new publishing registries.  But I would say
your the "Note" about RofR sort of implies you can discover new
publishing registries.
3.) Comment: (section 4.3.2 and in schema) maxRecords vg:Harvest
probably copied from vg:Search maxRecords.  Might want to say simply
"Largest number of records returned" since it is not quite a search method.

cheers,
Kevin