Sets for Registry Interface

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 20 10:35:28 PDT 2006

Hey Gretchen,

Good comments.

First I should mention that a bunch of this text needs to be cut.  At
Victoria, we decided to drop all of the defined sets except for
ivo_managed.  We might experimentally support some of these dropped sets;
however, most of these have not been used.

That said, does this disappoint you at all?  should we revisit this?

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Gretchen Greene wrote:
> Hopefully this doesn't sound too nit picky here,  but in rereading the
> section on sets I think there can be some clarification made because
> these are going to be more key to harvesting uniformly. Is this TBD with
> Appendix A.3?  Specifically, the first sentence quotes from the OAI ref
> 'optional construct' then at the end of the paragraph there are two
> required sets for the harvestable registries.  While those of us that
> are trying to adopt the RI standard are familiar,  it is a little
> confusing if you aren't reading the full explanation.

I understand what you mean.  We can tighten this up a bit.

hope this helps,