total number of matched results

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Jun 18 23:38:22 PDT 2006

Yes it is useful information.  And as I think about it more much like
relational db's, I should be able to do a count()  in the XMLDB.
Granted memory consumption wise it might be best to do a small 2nd query
for an XMLDB instead of loading all the Resource documents at one time
in the first query to just produce the count.  I thought relational db's
would take advantage of the Limit clause which I suspect means a 2nd
type query for count(*) would need to take place, but I could be wrong
(but it seems a 2nd query would be needed in mysql when I just tried it).

How about we leave it out for now?  Till implementations (both client &
server) have a little more time to experiment on the "paging".  Once we
experiment more we can add it to the RI on the next version.

cheers,
Kevin