The IVOA in 2006: Assessment and Future Roadmap - Registries

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 11:30:01 PDT 2006

And the prime difficulty is not mapping from the xml schema to the
relational schema but in mapping an XQuery statement to some underlying
database language: SQL would not be enough, you'd need the stored procedure
language as well and even that may not provide everything XQuery does, even
if you could code the mapping.

T.