applications software metadata

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 00:30:28 PST 2006

Thanks, Bob. I agree with all that but I think the group needs to propose a
new standard before we can work on a WD so would still prefer this document
to be held as a Note for now. We've not created new metadata documents for
any of the other resource extensions so need to decide if Application
requires it. But in terms of clarifying the metadata we require, I'm all for
it.

On that, I still do not think that any of the metadata from Resource is
redundant to Application. I think you only dropped Relation but I'd leave
that in: the relationship types we've codified for resources like Mirror may
not apply but I'm sure we'll come up with others (like 'Depends on' to show
that an Application requires a Library to work).

<<RM V1.1>>

Yes, sorry - I know it is down to me. Will get it sorted this week.

  _____