applications software metadata

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Feb 6 15:16:43 PST 2006

Hi Bob. Thanks for that contribution - it looks useful.

Since the 'tiger team' is working on the registry model and incorporating
applications metadata into that, can you flag this document as a Note within
the document structure rather than a WD. Hopefully we will have a draft data
model incorporating apps metadata within the next few weeks. If we decide
then that we need a separate description of this metadata from the schema
extensions then we'll start work on such a WD, taking the Note and the
schema extensions as the starting point.

On the document: why do you repeat all the Resource metadata? A registered
application will be a Resource and so will include resource metadata as a
minimum, no?

Thanks,
Tony.

  _____