[ STC in VOResource records]

Mireille Louys louys at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Dec 15 07:56:51 PST 2006

Hi , all,

I have read the various comments and suggestions concerning the ID/IDREF
mecanism in STC
and I just want to expose my view , as a data modeler from the
Characterisation DM effort.
The Characterisation XML schema is also based on STC  and factorises the
Coordinate systems at the top level elements of the Characterisation
tree, using the STC/lib definitions.
Lower elements just refer to the proper Coordinate systems using the
IdRef mecanism.

Such a factorisation was helpful in our case:  it relies on a unique
definition of the Coordsys names, defined in STC lib and pushes for less
redundancy in XML documents.

If you go for solution #1, and define a specific ID building procedure,
  please mention it on the DM list too.

Cheers and seasons greetings, Mireille

  Mireille LOUYS          mailto: Mireille.Louys at astro.u-strasbg.fr

L S I I T                       &     CDS,
Ecole Nationale Superieure            Observatoire de Strasbourg
de Physique de Strasbourg,            11, Rue de l'Universite
Boulevard Sébastien Brant, BP 10413   67000 STRASBOURG
67412 ILLKIRCH Cedex       	      Tel: +33 3 90 24 24 34