STC in VOResource records

Ed Shaya eshaya at umd.edu
Thu Dec 14 11:15:24 PST 2006

Arnold,
If you are worried that you need to roll your own coordinate systems
(not something I would enjoy doing, but that's just me)
then you use
xlink:href="http://astro.univ.edu/~me/mycoosystems#MY-UTC-FK5-BOTTOMO"
and you can keep strict control of your own, much better than anyone
else's, coordinate systems.

If you want both coverage and system to stay within one file, then you have:
xlink:href="#MY-UTC-FK5-BOTTOMO"
coord_system_href="#MY-UTC-FK5-BOTTOMO"
And then it behooves you to put in the whole spiel right there.

Ed