Resource namespace question/discussion

Kevin Benson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Sat Aug 26 06:33:21 PDT 2006

Recently noticed is if you read the wsdl the Resource should have the same
namespace as the wsdl and VOResources.  Current Astrogrid test registry
has no namespace on Resource, will try to correct this when I get back
(Thursday).

Though I should note, I now remember we had the VOResources in a seperate
schema with elementformdefault set to unqualified.  Meaning Resource
elements did not need a namespace.  But that got lost when we got rid of
the schema and brought it back into the wsdl.

If people on the registry list wish to make Resource to have no namespace.
(Which might possibly make things a little easier to understand since OAI
unqualified/no namespaces for the rest of the elements.)
Then we can change the wsdl accordingly.  Thought I would kick off that
discussion here to see what everybody else thinks.

On Thursday I will read responses and if no decision was made or decision
to keep it like it is then I will change
the test registry to have the "Resource" elements and the "identifier"
elements(when identifieronly is set) to have the same namespace as the
wsdl.

cheers,
Kevin