Question: harvesting managed vs. all resource records

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 31 09:34:22 PST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Tony Linde wrote:
> Is this right - an individual record states the registry which manages it?

Obviously, I'm leaving out details.  The individual record does *not*
state this.  One can find out who does by searching for the
record's authority id in the managedAuthority elements in Registry
records.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Gretchen Greene wrote:
> When you answered yes to the point of origin are you referring to the
> 'harvestedfrom' and if so is this now in the spec?  Also the
> harvestedDate?

I wasn't, but for those curious as to what Gretchen is refering to, see
Question 4 from the discussion list at
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/RegistryInterface.