VOResource v1.0 IWD

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 15 07:11:07 PDT 2005

What I was trying to do was responding to Ray's challenge to give an
example of a construct that is supported by SG but not by xsi:type,
for the general VO world, not just registry.
This type of more substantial inheritance is important in other areas.

And I reiterate that we ought to drop the Z (it's only one part of
the ISO 8601 standard and there are other parts we don't use, either)
in order to maintain uniformity within astronomy.  Leaving out the Z
does not invalidate the format and is not inconsistent with any
standard.

  - Arnold

Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu