VOResource v1.0 IWD

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 7 23:53:29 PDT 2005

Hey RWGers,

You may have noticed that I have recently posted an internal working draft
of VOResource v1.0 at
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/viewauth/IVOA/VOResourceV10.  Everyone
interested, particularly those that run registries, are encouraged to
review this draft.

Unlike previous releases, this version comes in two forms:  a prose
specification document, which will eventually be submitted through the
standards process, and the official VOResource schema.  Your comments on
both would be very valuable.

Also different from previous releases is that it only includes the core
VOResource schema.  From now on, the other extension schemas will be
released independently.  The idea is to settle the core and push it
through the standards process before attempting to standardize the
extensions.

Our roadmap has us scheduled to release the external Working Draft July 1,
so it would be good to get all but the most minor changes in before then.