VOMetadata-v0.1.xsd?

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 31 11:05:58 PST 2005

Hi Guy,

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Guy Rixon wrote:
> where is the schema for the namespace http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOMetadata/v0.1
> ? The NS is referenced in the schema for
> http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOResource/v0.10
> but I can't find the subsidiary schema on the IVOA pages.

It's conceptual at this point, so no, there isn't one at the moment.
Mathew Graham and I have been experimenting with markup used within Schema
(inside xs:annotation elements) that aid in the auto-generation of help
documentation.  Since the markup has no bearing on the schema validation,
we we're not bothered by this lack of schema.  Nevertheless, it is
intended to put together a real schema eventually.

As an example, look at VOResource-v0.10.xsd.
element/annotation/appinfo/dcterm is used to tag the element definition
with the name of the Dublin Core term it corresponds to.

If you are interested in doing more with this, let us know we can do a
brain dump for you.