New helper query interface method

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 08:52:00 PDT 2005

As you say Matthew there is a GetRecord, but I don't know of a identifiers
one except "ListIdentifiers", but the way I understand it people were
wanting to get identifiers based around a query.  ListIdentifiers just has a
few restrictions such as set or date, but not any kind of search constraint.
But I am no OAI expert, so maybe there is another way to do another OAI
verb.

Also this might rely on a client app now having to understand in OAI format
plus possibly having to switch to different endpoints when doing there
queries into the registry.

I would prefer to keep in the search interface, but I probably could be
convinced otherwise.

Cheers,
Kevin