New helper query interface method

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 02:21:47 PDT 2005

>From what I could tell from Yuji e-mail the main thing is about not
returning so much data all at once to the client.  Somebody a long time ago
mentioned a resumptionToken or pagingID concept on the query/search.  I
think this is something that would be good and needed.  So you could page
through your query results.  That way you might not return thousands at a
time, but a certain amount and let the client page through all the results
with the registry web service.  A user may send a global query; not even
sure if we could handle returning 11,000 resources at once, so this is
something we should look into.  The idea would be is to return a pagingID
then a client who wants to see more would send it back again to the registry
web service to get the next set of Resources.

Cheers,
Kevin

FYI, I will say Astrogrid does use a maxcount kind of property, so that is
the maximum number of resources that is returned from the registry.  But
having a paging system would be nicer in case a user wants to see more
results.