Extensions on the registry

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 04:04:16 PDT 2005

Tony,

for your definition of "query", quoted below, I think query can and should be
mandatory for all registries even in the presence of extensions. However, I'd
make one condition on this: the extended resource-document MUST be checkable
against its schema. That means that the document MUST have a schema
in the first place, the schema MUST be published and the schema location MUST
be written in the resource document itself. By "published", I mean that the
schema is downloadable from some fixed URL (to go in the schemaLocation
attibute) and that the namespace is never reused to publish a different
schema; usual health rules for public XML.

Registries _do_ present data as XHTML; but I agree that this is no part of the
IVOA spec.

Cheers,
Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk