registry of registries

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 01:53:28 PDT 2005

This does sound pretty good, could you elaborate a little more on some
scenarios just to make it clear exactly what is happening.

----
Let me go off on a little bit of a tangent to see if I migth have read it
correctly:
Could we use the master registry as the main harvester and harvesee?
Meaning much like today(with full registries) the master registry goes off
harvesting all Publishing and Full Registries quite frequently.  Then Full
Registries could come and harvest the master Registry for everything it ever
needs.  This sounds really good where Full Registries do not need to go to
all the registries to get the same data that it could get at the Master
Registry.  Where by something like oai:ListRecords always returns everything
but normally via "from" date would be used.  Also assuming no search
interface to the master registry.

Cheers,
Kevin