ownedAuthority element

Matthew J. Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 5 15:15:28 PDT 2005

Hi,

> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Matthew J. Graham wrote:
>> Grrr, it took me some effort to implement this in Carnivore and now
>> you
>> want to drop it?
>
> Yeah, you know what I'm talking about, then  ;-)
>
> Seriously, though.  Should we consider dropping it, or is this an "if
> ain't broke don't fix it" thing?  We do the update properly here as
> well
> (of course), but I'm thinking of those that haven't implemented it yet.

The problem is that certain pieces of VO metadata stored by a registry
are actually operating data for the registry. If these two catagories
were separated more cleanly then it would be make implementing a
registry from scratch easier and let's face it, from here on in, it's
just going to get harder. Dropping it makes design sense but keeping it
makes implementation sense, i.e. I do not have to do extra work.

	Cheers,

	Matthew