registry-updatable data

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 11:42:15 PDT 2005

Excellent stuff Ray, yes I started to think along the same lines as what you
have below, yours looks quite good.  I will need to think about it a little
more.  From the looks of Matthew's e-mail (subject Harvesting) were starting
to think alike.

Some initial thoughts of what I am trying to work out:
1.) Do we want to return all <recordCuration> elements there maybe many for
one record, such as one from stsci, one from Astrogrid, one from JVO and so
on or do we just return the one recordCuration that came from the querying
registry if there are any?
2.) Yes maybe a little name changing as we go along, sort of like a few
names on Matthew Grahams last e-mail, but that can get sorted out later.
3.) What is the unique id/identifier on recordCuration? Presumably a
possible concat of what I called the stamped identifier and the curated
registry part of the identifier would work good, or we just make the user
make up another set of idents (but I think it might be easier to automate
it).  The <stampedidentifier> as you say is the ivoa identifier, but wanted
to make sure it got across of what the identifier was that was curated from
a particular registry.  Hence we need to put an identifier on our
<recordCuration> elements that way we don't need to do any kind of mapping
with ri:profile.
4.) Final thought would a lot of apps or services in the beginning might not
want this recordCuration, but not sure how to make it optional unless we add
some kind of boolean to our interface methods.

cheers,
Kevin