Question: harvesting managed vs. all resource records

Gretchen Greene greene at stsci.edu
Tue Apr 5 08:57:14 PDT 2005

Kevin, Ray

Well I'm still not completely clear on these discussions (smile),  only
passing along some details I gleamed along the way.  The owned/managed
Authority concept makes sense yet I see how we have struggled with local
curation and I'm concerned about the "global" curation with the multiple
resources.

Let me see if I can summarize (thinking like Roy now ;) ,  sorry if this
is repetition on the Twiki now.

threads of Resource maintenance each seems to have it's own flavor and
complexity.  Partial descriptions along these topics...

1.  OAI
	- Sets
		* ivo_managed, oai_managed
	- Resource headers
2.  The vr: Resource attributes
	- created, updated, status
3.  Verification/Stamping
	- verificationLevel (score)
	- whoDidIt ;)
4.  HarvestedFrom, ManagedAuthority, OwnedAuthority

Would like to see more examples for addressing the practical questions,
Where should the verificationLevel/stamp fit in with the VOResource+
schema package?  How do the OAI header elements synchronize with the
Resource attributes,  namely the OAI header status and datestamp,
vr:Resource status and updated attributes (or are these the same?)
Curation control of these components, i.e. which components are modified
by Owned, Managed, Local Authority.

-Gretchen