Question: harvesting managed vs. all resource records

Aurelien Stebe aurelien.stebe at sciops.esa.int
Tue Apr 5 08:05:35 PDT 2005

I rather agree with Kevin on this.
The whole resource metadata should be exactly the same between all
registries.
So, "status" should only be modified by the originating registry and
"HarvestedFrom/HarvestedDate" should be kept out of the resource schema.

This stamping idea is new to me, but I think it would be a good solution.
It would even allow each registries to put specific extensions like
curation/coverage
remarks on the resource itself, comments or even extra data needed by
their particular user interface.
Although, it would be more useful to get it directly with the resource,
instead of calling another method.

Some more small comments :
I also think that the status, created and updated attributes should be
made "required".
As I understand the W3C doc, xs:date allows for an optional timezone,
but not an actual time.
And, consider to restrict the result to "active" resources for
"KeywordSearch" only,
because otherwise it would be impossible to edit an inactive or deleted
resource
by specifying its identifier using "Search".

Cheers,

Aurelien STEBE