Extensions to VOResource - was Error column in VOResource

Doug Tody dtody at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 18 16:03:07 PDT 2004

I wonder if we are confusing what we mean by the term metadata?
By metadata in the earlier discussion I referred primarily to descriptive
metadata used to describe a dataset - sky coverage, bandpass, WCS,
and so forth.  WSDL however refers to the service interface.  Indeed,
the service type and interface, the capability matrix for a particular
service instance, etc., are all fairly static, well standardized things
which should be available via the registry.  I certainly agree that all
VO services should be registered and described in the registry.  Doug