Error column in VOResource

Doug Tody dtody at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 18 09:17:34 PDT 2004

Tony, how does your approach handle services which return virtual data,
or datasets which contain metadata which has not been standardized?

In the case of virtual data, the metadata for the virtual dataset is not
static hence cannot be cached in the registry.  One has to ask the actual
service what it can generate to service a specific query, and the metadata
for the virtual dataset is generated on the fly.  Probably this sort of
thing will be the case for most sophisticated VO services.  Hence, the
registry is limited primarily to service discovery based on fairly high
level, static resource descriptors.    Doug