Error column in VOResource

Martin Hill mchill at dial.pipex.com
Tue May 18 08:17:23 PDT 2004

Hmmm.  This does seem an unnecessary two-step operation.  I thought
column/table names would be in the Registry anyway (so discovery tools
can look for UCDs for example, etc).  So it'll need to go into
VOResource, which is (I have been assuming...) always available from the
datacenter using SkyNode's getVOResource() method.  So why duplicate?
Is it just for VOTable tools?  If so, which ones?  If new ones are going
to have to be written, then we might as well write ones for the richer
VOResource, or...?

A helper method that extracts column names, UCDs and Units would be
convenient I think, but is that not just returning the correct element
of VODataService?

--
Martin Hill
www.mchill.net