Error column in VOResource

Martin Hill mchill at dial.pipex.com
Tue May 18 08:10:51 PDT 2004

Roy Williams wrote:

>>VOTable is not included in VOResource because VOTable is crap at
>>representing metadata.
>
> And how is Martin's version any better? Indeed how is it different? It is
> semantically identical to VOTable, except for the error column. I am really
> puzzled why another format is needed.

Not my version - it's just a modified VODataService, which is what I
understood was part of the VOResource description.

NB - VOTable headers might be fine for describing a table, but it is not
designed to represent fully every astronomical dataset.  Shoehorning,
etc, etc.  But I'm happy to wait until we have a way of representing the
data model, and then use that.

--
Martin Hill
www.mchill.net