Error column in VOResource

Martin Hill mchill at dial.pipex.com
Tue May 18 05:49:58 PDT 2004

Would it be a good idea to include a reference to the associated error
column in a column's description?  eg:

<Column>
      <vr:Name>FREQ</vr:Name>
      <vr:Description>Frequency at center of the image
wavehand</vr:Description>
      <DataType>float</DataType>
      <Unit>Hz</Unit>
      <ErrorColumn>FREQ_ERR</ErrorColumn>
   </Column>

This would help do the associations we need when doing queries...

Also, a rather naive question: I had originally thought that column
descriptions were part of the VOResource document, but they don't seem
to be there - they seem to be in a VODataService schema.  Have I got
that right?  If so, could we add this to the VOResource page at
http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOResource/ ?

Cheers,

Martin

--