VOResource v0.10

Gerard Lemson gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
Mon Jun 28 09:09:20 PDT 2004

Hi Ray (and others)

Was it not decided during the Cambridge meeting that global elements, if
they were to be defined
by the registry group, would not be put in the "type schemas" that Ray
published last week,
but in one or more separate "document schemas", which itself
depend-on/import/include
the type schemas ? As I recall it was claimed that the decision *which*
global elements to support
falls within the realm of the Registry Interface definition.

I think it would also be in that effort that one
would want to make sure that there does not exist a global element named
<conesearch> that has
a type that could be instantiate with an instance of SimpleImageAccess as in
Matthew's example
in http://www.ivoa.net/forum/registry/0406/0982.htm.
Simply defining such an element as
   <xsd:element name="conesearch" type="ConeSearch">
should suffice (unless SimpleImageAccess were a subclass of ConeSearch,
which I hope it isn't).

Cheers

Gerard

--
* Gerard Lemson                       * Tel: +49 (0)89 30000-3316
*
* D-85741 Garching, GERMANY           * email: gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
*