new Registry Interface

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 07:29:07 PDT 2004

I just recently placed the new Registry Interface Spec out on a wiki page.
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/RegistryInterface

also referenced on the main page at:
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaResReg

Check if the PDF is fine, it was done by a small free tool.  Ray if you
could maybe you can generate a real PDF if this one does not look as good.
Thanks.

There are some small details still need to be cleared up in the document, so
remember the document is evolving.
     a.1) Few inconsistencies referencing in the wording of VO Resources
     a.2) Need to clear up ManagedAuthority and the idea of the new
OwnedAuthority.  Currently needs to be added to the schema as well, noticed
it is missing.
     a.3) Might clear up the XPath a little better.
     a.4) Just now put the OAI wsdl and the Query wsdl together, a couple of
very minor inconsistent things in there, but I have tested the WSDL2JAva and
it works fine on it. (It might be missing a couple of imports)
     a.5) If somebody could the "coords.xsd" on the actual web site seems to
be a little incorrect.  I believe it was just missing an ending on their
comments.  The one inside the zip file should be correct, but it has the
comments removed at the top.

A couple of questions that need to be answered.
ADQL in the word document just says WHERE only is what we support, but the
Where Clause has several different search capabilities. Are we going to
support all of them. ex: intersectionSearch, unionSearch, xMatch, likepred,
and several more?  I suspect we will need to support close to all of them,
but good on practice to just pick out the major ones.  And document up the
ones we will not support.

Also I changed the Root element around to be "VOResources" instead of
"VODescritpion" in the WSDL and referenced in the document as well.  We can
change it back though if everybody likes "VODescription" better, but I
personally like the other one.  So what Root element would you like I vote
for "VOResources"?

Thanks and if possible give some feedback on any issues you see in the
document,
Kevin

p.s. Ray also VOMetadata schema missing on the ivoa web site, and
VOCommunity 0.10 schema I did not see on your new wiki page.