VOResource v0.10

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 22 09:16:37 PDT 2004

Hi RWGers,

I have updated the VOResource v0.10 schemas to incorporate the
recommendations decided at the Interop meeting.  You can review the new
schemas, along with example instances at:

   http://nvo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/VO/VOResource-v0.10-proposed/

Please have one last look at these.  (I will be asking some of you to run
specific tests.)  Barring any problems you might uncover, I will have
these posted as Working Drafts via the Document repository by 30 June.
At that time, I'll put out a call to commence updating of existing
registries as soon as is convenient.  Meanwhile, I'll be working on a
style sheet to convert from v0.9 (and possibly back).

I would particularly like extra eyes on...

 *  Service descriptions.  This has change substantially.  See the
    following examples:
     o  Search Form Page:
        http://nvo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/VO/VOResource-v0.10-proposed/webform.xml
     o  Cone Search
        http://nvo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/VO/VOResource-v0.10-proposed/conesearch.xml;
     o  Simple Image Access
        http://nvo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/VO/VOResource-v0.10-proposed/sia.xml

 *  Registry description.  This is expected to change significantly with
    the advent of the Registry Interface Spec.

BTW, I've made significant changes to the RWP03 and ResourceMetadata areas
of the twiki that will hopefully make it easier to find stuff related to
metadata.  The above is available via the "RWP03Specs" page.

thanks!