Terms

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 14 00:50:12 PST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Tony Linde wrote:
> And I've sketched a very rough model which shows how (little) I understand
> the entities and their relationships (attached and on the wiki page).

I think a diagram like this has been needed.  A few comments on this rough
stab:

  o  Re: my earlier comments, I would replace "Data Centre" with
     "Provider", which is specifically defined in the RM.
  o  I don't know what application and function refers to in this context;
     a definition that sets it apart from Service is needed.  I suspect
     that "application" is an implementation detail that probably
     shouldn't be in this diagram.
  o  Database is certainly an implementation detail.  I certainly do not
     understand what is meant by the "has-a" Dataset relationship.