Registry Data Model?

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 11:32:07 PST 2004

Dear Skeptical of Pasadena,

While I'd agree that the generic resource might be able to represent
miscellaneous whims, they won't be able to be used to do any work. Only if a
user actually eyeballed them and figured out what they were could they then
be used. A portal which is presenting a list of data collections to a user
would not pull out something just described as 'resource'. That's why we've
got the subsidiary schemas available now. The modeling will simply extend
that to allow us to represent what we know more accurately and in a way that
makes automated access easier.

Cheers,
Aunt Dottie.