Pune meeting

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Sat Aug 21 13:15:34 PDT 2004

So far only Bob, Sebastien and Kevin from the interested parties on this
list have indicated that they're going to Pune.

In light of this, I'd suggest that we limit the Registry group to a single
session with mainly informative presentations and the focus of any
discussion being on preparation for Jan demos.

With the latter in mind, I'd like to invite presentations from Bob,
Sebastien and Kevin on what has been done in NVO, CDS and AstroGrid to
conform to the standards set out in Boston, highlighting any issues that
need resolution before end of this year.

If any other project or group has tried to implement the Boston
recommendations, we'd also like to hear from them on their experiences,
especially if they feel they'll have one or more registries in place by
January.

Finally, we'd welcome presentations on any other Registry topic: Bob has
already proposed one on curation of registry data.

What do people think about these suggestions?