Interop sessions

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 10:06:30 PDT 2004

Hi all,

We have three sessions at the IVOA Interop meeting dedicated to the Registry
workgroup. In order to plan the order of work, I'd like to know if anyone
has presentations which they want to make to the meeting or specific topics
which they want discussed at the meeting.

I would ask that presentations last no longer than 30 mins and I'll schedule
15 mins discussion after each one. If you need more or less time for the
presentation or think the discussion will last more than 15 mins let me
know.

Discussion topics can ideally last for 45 mins and I would ask the proposer
to prepare an agenda and to lead the session.

I would also ask that each person produce an abstract (max 100 words) to
their presentation or discussion topic which I can post on the wiki and a
one-page position paper. Both of these need to be with me by the end of 18th
May so that I can post them to the wiki and attendees have time to read
them.

Please get your proposals to me by 30th April so I can draft a plan for the
sessions and post to the list. I'll want the abstracts by 7th May so I can
post the schedule and abstracts to the wiki and, as I said, the position
papers by 18th May.

If there are any of the sessions you cannot make because of commitments to
other workgroups, let me know and I'll avoid scheduling you in those
sessions but I'd like to schedule the majority of the presentations in the
first session (or second) so the latter time is free for standards
discussion and resolution.

Thanks,
Tony.

__
Tony Linde
Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292    Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311    Email:  ael at star.le.ac.uk
Post:   Department of Physics & Astronomy,
        University of Leicester
        Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH

Project Manager,            Director,
AstroGrid                   Leicester e-Science Centre
http://www.astrogrid.org    http://www.e-science.le.ac.uk/