IVO ids and Data Sets Identifiers

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 10:42:52 PDT 2003

I was just thinking - why does the journal id have to be the resource
identifier. The journals can come up with their own scheme and manage it to
ensure uniqueness, we add a JournalID to the resoure metadata then anyone
can search a registry on JournalID=value to find the resource.

If also means that if a data source is duplicated somewhere with a different
resource id then it will still be found in the registry search - user (or
software) can then decide which one to use.

Will that solve the issue?