datasets and registries

Arnold Rots arots at head-cfa.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 19 06:38:02 PDT 2003

amicol wrote:

> >The registry will tell you the ONE resource that matches
> >ivo://NASA/HST,
> >since this is a unique resource identifier (where NASA is the
> >AuthorityID and HST is the ResourceKey)
>
> I must have misunderstood the purpose of the identifier then!
> Could you please clarify to me whether we speak of
> an ID for a dataset or for a resource ?

No, this is a misunderstanding.  The authority ID is "Sa.HST".
The string "NASA/HST" appeared in an early part of the ADEC discussion
where slashes had a different meaning.  Please delete this part of the
discussion from your memories.

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head-cfa.harvard.edu