pending changes to resource metadata

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 16 08:45:21 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I would like to post a new versions of the Resource metadata schemas
(VOResource v0.8.2).  The following are a list of pending changes
suggested by various people in the working group.  Please let me know if
you have any major objections.  (Comments are still welcome after 0.8.2 is
posted.)

1.  ResourceKey will be a required component of Identifier

2.  The contents of the Subject element will be raised up to be direct
    children of a ManagedResource.  The "Topic" element will be
    renamedto "Subject".

3.  "Manager" will be renamed "Publisher"

4.  "SkyService" will be renamed to "SiderealDataService"

5.  Add a new resource classes called "Registry" and "Authority"
    (according to Tony's post)

The following changes are under development.  Specific suggestions on
how to model these are welcome.

6.  Add elements for expressing relationships between resource
    (e.g. mirror-of, derived-from, etc.)

7.  Add support for managing persistance
     * add boolean attribute "persistent" to IdentifierType (cancel)
     * add restricted string attribute "status" to ResourceType

8.  Add LogicalIdentifier and support for location-independent
    referencing

thanks,