Registry discussion

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Mon Sep 15 13:25:31 PDT 2003

Hi Bob,

I agree that is is important that we get published papers to be able to
reference original data, queries, workflows and both intermediate and final
results if necessary. We've been having the same discussion on AstroGrid
recently and I'm pleased to see that someone is tackling it.

That said, I think the naming issue is probably more complex and related to
issues about provenance, curation etc. If we can just get to the stage where
we agree a single standard for naming resources, I think it'll be a major
step forward. We can then work out the other issues with the publishing
people.

Maybe we need a publishing WG!!