schemas

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 15 11:55:48 PDT 2003

Hi Tony,

this looks good.  The Registry type looks sufficient.  When we get
to defining the registry interface, we can think about what needs to
go into the Capability element.

Couple questions...

Among the Relationship values is SERVESDATACOLLECTION.  Do you see this as
a generic relationship or just applying to services.  Does this concern
you at all?

In the DataCollection resource class, I defined an Access element that
includes references to services that access that data collection
(Access/ServiceRef).  Should this relationship be expressed at the generic
resource level?  If so, then we have the situation of metadata being
possibly applied to non-applicable resource classes.

Also, we talked about having references to other resources having both a
displayable title and a identifier.  Should we change the RelatedTo
element's type to "ResourceReferenceType"?