Trial 0.8.4

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 05:25:55 PDT 2003

Hi Ray et al,

I'd like to suggest a couple of changes to schema 0.8.3 as set out in my
attached 0.8.4 examples:

1. make more of the elements in ResourceType optional, in particular the
Curation element: inheriting a PersonType from this would not make use of
Curation and this avoids having to inherit by restriction. I'd make all
elements optional except the identifier.

2. as we're adding data elements to DataCollection and SkyService, I'd
suggest bundling them into a complex type: DataDescriptionType then only
adding DataDescription to each.

3. we need to be able to describe the tables and columns in a dataset so
I've created table, UCD and column types and elements. I've allowed UCDs to
be added to the dataset, table and column levels. I've got each column
described with mandatory column name and optional UCDs, data type and unit
(latter two may need work: enumerators perhaps).

What do you think?

__
Tony Linde                       Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292
AstroGrid Project Manager        Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311
Dept of Physics & Astronomy      Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
University of Leicester          Email:  ael at star.le.ac.uk
Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH          Web:    http://www.astrogrid.org