Dates

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 02:23:40 PDT 2003

Hi Ray,

Finally caught up with you :)

> yes?  Do you see
> these dates being of primary importance to registry
> management (e.g. for
> managing replication) or will they have value to registry
> clients as well?

UpdateDate was indeed for replication use.

> I like to tuck information that is primarily for
> administrative purposes
> into attributes.  If these are primarily for registry
> management, can we
> make these attributes of Resource?  (I'm easy either way).

No problem here. We could have attributes of 'Created' and 'LastUpdated' on
each resource.

If you also want a date in the metadata which is 'associated with an event
in the life cycle of the resource', then you'll need to make it repeatable
and add a type field - no?

Again, is this likely to be used or kept up to date?