MyUCDs & Registry

Masatoshi OHISHI masatoshi.ohishi at nao.ac.jp
Tue May 20 07:45:30 PDT 2003

Dear Tony,

At 10:16 03/05/20 +0100, Tony Linde wrote:

>4. It has been suggested a couple of times that the Registry should be able
>to take in complete data-oriented queries and should analyse these to
>determine a) which resources can answer the query and b) how to formulate
>the query for each resource.
>
>On b) I don't think the registry should ever do this - it should be left to
>the resource to translate a standard format (VOQL, AQL) query into its own
>format.

I agree with you.

We, the VOQL group, have agreed that the registry provides such information
to the VOQL parser when resolving resource names (and locations)
to pass atomic queries.

Cheers,

    Masatoshi Ohishi

                 Masatoshi  OHISHI
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
2-21-1, Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo, 181-8588 JAPAN
phone :+81-422-34-3575  (office)
        +81-90-3574-9474 (mobile)
fax   :+81-422-34-3840
e-mail:masatoshi.ohishi at nao.ac.jp