MyUCDs & Registry

Doug Mink dmink at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon May 19 12:40:44 PDT 2003

Gretchen Greene wrote:

> The other point is that there are not huge numbers of entries/resources
> yet in these registries (remember I'm used to the GSC2 billions) and so
> it seems a little odd to create a highly designed configuration before
> ever implementing one even though the design ideas are good ones.

At the Center for Astrophysics, we tried gathering descriptions of as
many types of archived data as we could find hanging around here and
tried to get knowledgeable people to describe them in a uniform way
which we developed in parallel to the larger VO effort.  We thought
that working from the archives up could be complementary to the
grand design work that many others were doing.  We do not have a
VO standard interface to the information we collected, but I think
that the data could be translated into the protocols which are being
discussed.  We would be interested in what other people who have
data they want to publish to the VO think about the parameters we
have been able to collect.

Check it out at http://tdc-www.harvard.edu/vo

-Doug Mink