AstroGrid registry structure

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Jun 12 14:14:15 PDT 2003

Arnold: try
http://wiki.astrogrid.org/pub/Main/TonyOnRegistryStructure/tlRegistry02.gif
although I've come up with another one (see below)!

Ray,

I've had a go at generating a model which does not require the MMs.
Obviously it is less flexible but I think it is workable and, as it follows
a similar structure to the MM-type one, could easily be switched at some
later date without too much disruption.

The files are at:

http://wiki.astrogrid.org/pub/Main/TonyOnRegistryStructure/tlRegistry03.xsd

http://wiki.astrogrid.org/pub/Main/TonyOnRegistryStructure/tlRegistry03.gif
(I've not changed the uml model on the root page to match this model.)

In this I have also added the Curation and Coverage elements from
VOResource. I've added Curation as the first part of the ServiceClass
structure. The second part is the option of either a Service structure or a
Reference structure. The Service structure offers the option metadata
structures for different types of service. Since many will share Coverage
metadata, I have created a SkyService structure as an option which includes
Coverage and then again has options of types of service.

I have tried to add a few more elements and options to give a flavour of
what this model might achieve. I won't try to explain any more of it as the
diagram is probably better.

I hope this gets over the problem you saw with *multiple* option selections
while still using your extensions idea to make the metadata more specific to
the types of resource.

What do you think?