Resources = services!

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 12:47:15 PDT 2003

Hi Ray,

> them.  However, the framework should be more general and allow for
> experimentation and variation that leads to evolution.
> Disallowing it at
> the framework level seems an unnecessary restriction.

I can agree with that.

> The Service metadata in VOResource attempts to leverage off existing
> interfaces instead of duplicating them...

I think I see what you're getting at: the WSDL definition somehow
encapsulates the resource definition.

> The alternative is essentially reinventing the wheel in some
> way...

Given that some services won't be WS-based we'll have to create all the
schemas plus registry methods for getting them into the registry etc.

I think I'd rather leave the mechanisms for getting the metadata into the
registry to one side for now and concentrate just on the structure of that
metadata.

(But I could still be missing the whole point ...)