OAI coordination

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 00:31:02 PST 2003

Also I would like to point to something I found, not sure if anybody has
looked into this tool.
Prevayler
http://www.prevayler.org/wiki.jsp?topic=Welcome

If your dealing with Java and throwing the XML through Castor/JAXB to create
objects.  This might be something to really look at. Seems to be much faster
Queries (Selects) (not transaction queries ex:harvester).  Eventually their
will be a time when the Registry is getting hit a lot (for Queries-Selects)
and is going to need something  very fast (harvesting I would say does not
necessarily need to be that fast, but Queries and getting your results back
does). If anybody has tried this tool out like to hear if it worked out for
you. Also you can use it with XPath to query your objects or more (JX Path).
Their website is a little difficult to go through, but if you click enough
you eventually get the information you need. :)

Kevin