OAI coordination

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 1 14:18:40 PST 2003

Hi,

I know that we briefly discussed this within NVO some weeks back but I am
interested in knowing how other people are implementing OAI. I know that
everyone is not using the cgi-bin scripts to a set of XML files so time
and effort has been expended in either finding or writing code to present
OAI access to various other types of data store and it would be nice to
harvest this!

So for the record: I am currently looking into native XML databases with
Perl cgi-bin access (also Web service access conforming to OAI protocol
but we (IVOA) have not really standardised on APIs for that yet despite
some brief discussion about it in Strasbourg).

	Cheers,

	Matthew