Using UCDs as tags

Martin Hill mch at roe.ac.uk
Wed Aug 13 09:27:22 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 4:54 pm, Alberto Micol wrote:
> I was thinking to have WFPC2 in the dictionary, meaning that
> you'll find all the related necessary information (or at least a pointer to
> the relevant wfpc2 data model) in the dictionary, without having to carry
> it along all the time.

I think we've got different dictionaries here.  Things
like descriptions of instruments I would have thought are likely to change;
for example someone puts a different filter in (simplistically).  Whereas a
description of what a filter *is* will be static.  I think (??) the registry
will handle the former - descriptions of data sets, publications and at the
very least where to find descriptions of instruments/people/etc used to
gather the data - which in fact you might have to carry around with the data,
as certain values might change with time.

--
Martin Hill
Astrogrid/AVO, ROE