handling metadata with multiple values

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Aug 13 09:23:47 PDT 2003

On August 13, 2003 02:53, Alberto Micol wrote:

> <INSTRUMENT> WFPC2 </INSTRUMENT> (or whatever is the UCD for
> instrument_name)
>

> but we always use
>

> <WFPC2/>
>

> because WFPC2 is part of our dictionary.

The problem with such an approach is that the dictionary (say the list of
known instruments) changes all the time, so we would also need a process
by which new tags are added to the XSD, we'd have many XSD versions, we'd have
docs requiring various versions of the XSD to be valid. if you though shared
lib versioning was nasty....

--
Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045