RWP03: Metadata Info on Twiki

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 14 08:49:47 PDT 2003

Hi RWP03ers,

If you've been to the Registry WG Twiki lately, then you may have noticed
the links to individual work package pages.  I want to call your attention
to the page for RWP03, Metadata specs, and call for your comment and
additions.

First, as part of a first action item assigned to us at the kick-off
meeting, I wrote a statement of scope.  It's not long, so when you get a
chance please give it a read and make comments or suggestions.  This is to
clarify what we plan to do and not do.

Second, I've added some material from the NVO effort to the Resources and
Background.  Please add to this from your respective projects.  In
particular, perhaps Elizabeth could post any additional information about
work on registries (e.g. the XSD/DTD used in prototype).

Finally, I've created a section for placing specifications to be
discussed.  I plan to place a version of the VOResource XSD from the NVO
there in the next day or two after I firm up some things.  Team members
should feel free to add their own suggestions as well.

Note that the update alerting doesn't always seem to work for this twiki
(at least for me), so if you would like people to respond to what you've
put there be sure to ping the registry mailling list.  In general, it's
probably best we put our general discussion to that list, using the RWP03
page as a reference warehouse.  (suggestions here?)

cheers,
Ray Plante